Len Bias was a University of Maryland Basketball player on the verge of NBA stardom before his untimely death just days after being the second overall pick in the 1986 NBA draft. In their book "Lessons from Lenny," former NBA players Tony Massenburg and Walt Williams reflect on the deep impact Len Bias has had on their lives and the remarkable journey beyond his tragic death.
Tony Massenburg is a former teammate of Len Bias. He is the only Terrapin to play for legendary coaches Charles “Lefty” Driesell, Bob Wade, and Gary Williams. He graduated from the University of Maryland, and after 13 record-setting NBA seasons, is now a Maryland business owner and an Analyst for Monumental Sports Network and NBC Sports Washington.
Walt Williams was a Prince George's high school All-Star who wanted to “be like Len.” After graduating from the University of Maryland, he played 11 seasons in the NBA. Walt was inducted into the University of Maryland Athletics Hall of Fame in 2003 and the Washington, DC Sports Hall of Fame in 2018. Walt enjoys a career in finance, talks Terps for the Maryland Sports Radio Network, and is a Guest Analyst for NBC Sports Washington.
Please be advised that the status, location, or format of this event may change based on COVID-19 pandemic conditions. Please visit this page prior to traveling to the branch/venue for the program.
- Face masks and physical distancing are required for all participants over the age of 2.
- Please register via the link on this page or by calling (240) 455-5451 to show interest and to receive event updates.
- Registration does not guarantee admission.
- Participation is permitted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Capacity limits may apply.
Tenga en cuenta que el estado, ubicación, o formato de este evento puede cambiar dependiendo de las condiciones de la pandemia COVID-19. Por favor, visite esta página antes de ir a la sucursal/lugar para el programa.
- Máscaras y distancia social se requieren para todos los participantes mayores de dos años.
- Por favor regístrese por medio del enlace en esta página o llame al (240) 455-5451 para demostrar su interés y recibir las últimas noticias.
- La registración no garantiza su admisión.
- La participación se permite por orden de llegada.
- Podrá aplicarse límites de capacidad.