- Books by Mail
- Book Stores
- Email News & Notices
- Exhibit & Poster Space
- Copy / Fax / Print / Scan
- ILL - Borrow from other Library System
- Information for Local Authors
- iPad Borrowing
- Library Card Services
- Meeting & Conference Rooms
- Public Computers & Wi-Fi Access
- Small Study Rooms
- Special Needs
- Tax Forms
- Online Library
- Special Collections
- About Us
- Contact Us
Welcome to PGCMLS
- Subscribe to weekly emails with personalized reading recommendations for 0-12 year olds.
- Keep track of your child's reading log.
- Kids can earn virtual badges for their accomplishments.
- Easily share access to your child's account with other interested adults, like teachers, grandparents, etc.
- Discover books, filtering for age, genre, language, reading level, type of main character, and/or topic.
- Discover thematic lists of books and extension activities that can make reading together more engaging.
What do you need to sign up? An email address and a few moments to create a reader profile for your child(ren).
All ages, Saturday, March 28, 2 pm
The College Park Aviation Museum will be presenting a program on women's involvement throughout the history of aviation. There will also be a hands-on activity accompanying this presentation.
Celebrate Women's History Month with a theatrical performance in memory of Maya Angelou and Ruby Dee. The Liberated Muse Arts Group will share a dramatic and musical presentation in tribute to these two women who were actresses, activists, writers and living legends. This program is sponsored by the Friends of the Oxon Hill Library. Registration is requested.
Saturday, March 28, Drop in from 11 am to 3 pm
Travel through Maryland history with crafts and activities for school-aged children provided by the City of Bowie Museums, the Prince George's County Historical Society, the Prince George's County Genealogical Society, Montpelier Mansion, the Laurel Historical Society and others. Fill up your "passport" and earn a Maryland Junior Historian certificate.
Activities Provided By:
• Archaeology Program of the M-NCPPC, Prince Georges County Department of Parks and Recreation
• Atlantic Guard Soldiers Aid Society
• City of Bowie Museums: Belair Mansion and Stable, Bowie Railroad Museum
• Darnall's Chance House Museum - M-NCPPC
• First Maryland Regiment
• Laurel Historical Society
• Maryland Milestones/Anacostia Trails Heritage Area Inc.
• Montpelier Mansion - M-NCPPC
• Prince George's County Genealogical Society
• Prince George's County Historical Society