Agreement Governing Use of Library Auditoriums, Meeting and Conference rooms
Scheduled reservation times: Library rooms will not be available before the scheduled starting time. Groups must conclude their meeting and clear the room promptly at the time designated on the reservation. Please plan to exit the Library at closing.
Room set-up and equipment:Auditorium and meeting room seating is arranged auditorium style. Organizations are welcome to change the arrangement but are responsible for restoring the room to its original set-up for the next customer. The standard room set-up is designed to be barrier-free to accommodate the mobility needs of individuals with physical or visual disabilities. Special seating arrangements may be requested by those groups whose membership or audience meets the definition of Americans with Disabilities as specified in the 1990 Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Any organization and/or individual reserving a room will be responsible for the condition of the room and will be financially responsible for any damage that may be caused by members of the organization or attendees during the time the room is reserved. Posters, balloons, and other decorations may not be attached to walls, light fixtures, or ceilings.
The library does not provide audio or video equipment for use by the public.However, most meeting rooms have built-in projection screens and blackboards or white boards available.
Refreshments: Only light refreshments or snacks (cookies, sandwiches, water, sodas, tea, coffee, etc.) are allowed in the Auditoriums and Meeting rooms. Hot meals (catered meals, pizzas, soups, etc.)are prohibited. Strictly, no alcoholic beverages and/or open flames such as candles, Sterno, etc, are permitted. NO FOOD IS ALLOWED IN THE CONFERENCE ROOMS.
No petitions may be circulated in the library building. The Library Public Services Office must pre-approve promotional materials posted inside the Library. All printed materials (fliers, posters, etc.) publicizing meetings at the Library must contain the following disclaimer statement: "Use of library meeting space does not constitute endorsement of program/meeting or its content by the Prince George's County Memorial Library System."
- No goods or services may be sold and no fees or money may be collected on Library premises.
- The Library is not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
- The capacity of meeting and/or conference rooms is determined by fire regulations and must not be exceeded. Doors to meeting and/or conference rooms must remain unlocked during meetings.
- Youth organizations using meeting and/or conference rooms must have at least one adult (18 years or older) present at all times.
· Further use of the Library meeting and/or conference rooms will be denied to any individual or organization that fails to comply with the above policies.
I Accept