- Books by Mail
- Book Stores
- Email News & Notices
- Exhibit & Poster Space
- Copy / Fax / Print / Scan
- DREAM Lab
- DREAM Lab Application
- DREAM Lab Applications
- DREAM Lab Inventory
- DREAM Lab Items
- ILL - Borrow from other Library System
- Information for Local Authors
- iPad Borrowing
- Library Card Services
- Meeting & Conference Rooms
- Public Computers & Wi-Fi Access
- Small Study Rooms
- Special Needs
- Tax Forms
- Online Library
- Special Collections
- About Us
- Contact Us
Interlibrary Loan - Borrowing from other Library Systems
MARINA is a free, statewide interlibrary loan system for requesting materials your library does not own from other public library systems in Maryland. If you have borrower’s card, you can request materials through Marina and have these materials delivered to the Prince George's County Memorial Library System branch of your choice.
- You will need your Library card number.
- Before searching MARINA, Please look in our CATALOG for the desired material. If the title is not owned by PGCMLS, you will have the option of going to MARINA to expand your search.
You cannot request items through MARINA if they are owned by PGCMLS. If all copies of the title that you want are currently checked out, please place a hold request.
Placing a Request
- Click on the Interlibrary Loan link in the left hand column of the search results screen.
- Enter your library card number (without spaces) at the prompt.
- Click on Login button.
- Enter your search term(s), i.e. title, author or subject, for the desired item.
- Click on the Search button.
- Review your results and select the record that best matches the material you wish to borrow by clicking on the title.
- Once you confirm there are requestable copies of the title available, select your pick-up branch from the drop down menu.
- Click on the Request button.
- A confirmation message will appear on the screen. You may wish to note the request number.
- When your materials arrive at the pick-up branch, you will be notified either by phone or e-mail.
- Items borrowed through Marina may be renewed one time.
Note: If the item you wish to request is not on MARINA or if you have questions, ask a librarian at any PGCMLS branch for assistance.