- Books by Mail
- Book Stores
- Email News & Notices
- Exhibit & Poster Space
- Copy / Fax / Print / Scan
- ILL - Borrow from other Library System
- Information for Local Authors
- iPad Borrowing
- Library Card Services
- Meeting & Conference Rooms
- Public Computers & Wi-Fi Access
- Small Study Rooms
- Special Needs
- Tax Forms
- Online Library
- Special Collections
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fines & Fees
- $35.00 charge for all returned checks.
- $15.00 for all accounts referred to collections.
You are responsible for returning materials to the library by their due date. If you return materials after the due date, we charge a fine for every day late that the Library is open. When you return materials late and don't pay the fine, the amount owed is added to your record.
|Material||Overdue Fine / Item / Day||Maximum Overdue Fine / Item|
|Adult Books, Magazines, Audiobooks & CDs||25 cents||8 dollars|
|Teen Books, Magazines, Audiobooks & CDs||25 cents||8 dollars|
|Children's Books, Magazines, Audiobooks & CDs||10 cents||5 dollars|
|DVDs||1 dollar||10 dollars|
Lost or Damaged Materials
- Damaged or Lost Materials: Cost of item plus any overdue fines owed on the item.*
- Items over 45 days overdue are considered lost. The replacement cost and overdue fines are added to your record.*
- Missing Component: Cost varies by type of component, ask library staff.
- Interlibrary Loan/Marina Materials: Determined by the owning library system.
*If you return Lost items within a year of being declared lost, the replacement cost of the item will be waived.
Paying Fines and Fees
- Pay by Visa, MasterCard or Discover online through your Library Account.
- Pay by Visa, MasterCard or Discover at Self-Checkout stations.
- Pay by cash or check at the following branches: Hyattsville, Greenbelt, Spauldings, South Bowie or Oxon Hill.
- Mail payments by check or money order to:
C/O Public Services
6532 Adelphi Rd.
Hyattsville, MD 20782.