- Books by Mail
- Book Stores
- Email News & Notices
- Exhibit & Poster Space
- Copy / Fax / Print / Scan
- ILL - Borrow from other Library System
- Information for Local Authors
- iPad Borrowing
- Library Card Services
- Meeting & Conference Rooms
- Public Computers & Wi-Fi Access
- Small Study Rooms
- Special Needs
- Tax Forms
- Online Library
- Special Collections
- About Us
- Contact Us
ILL - Borrow from other Library Systems
MARINA is a free, statewide interlibrary loan system for requesting materials your library does not own from a number of other libraries in Maryland. You need to have your library card available when you place a Marina hold. The requested materials will be delivered to the Prince George's County Memorial Library System branch that you select.
- PGCMLS cardholders should search our CATALOG first. If the search is unsuccessful, you will have the option of going to MARINA to do a statewide search.
- Have your Library card handy.
- Use help keys and read the screens carefully. Pay special attention to the PICKUP LOCATION.
- When items you request arrive at the branch, you will be contacted by phone, e-mail or mail.
To Place a Request
- Click on the Marina link at the bottom of this page.
- Enter your local library card number (without spaces) at the Patron ID prompt.
- Click on submit input button.
- Click on the Searching/Requesting button.
- Enter your search term, i.e. author, title or subject, for the desired item.
- Click the circle that indicates the type of term used, e.g. Title.
- Click on Begin Searching button.
At combined Results Screen
- Scroll down to find your requested title.
- Click on the appropriate title if availability information is desired. If not needed, skip this step and follow directions below.
- When ready to submit the request, click on the blue Request button.
At Create Request Screen
NOTE:If you enter anything in the Notes field, a librarian will review your request before submitting it. Please use this field to indicate a special edition, or volume, or media.You do not need to enter your phone number or e-mail address. We will access that information from your patron record.
- Click on Yes to confirm that your name is correct.
- Choose a Prince George's County Memorial Library System (PGCMLS) branch from the drop box to indicate your pick-up location.
- Click on the blue submit button.
- Wait for the Request Confirmation screen.
- Write down the request number; use this number to track your request.
- Click on the blue new search button if you would like to make another request; OR the orange quit button if finished.
If the item you wish to request is not on MARINA, or if you have questions, ask a librarian at any PGCMLS branch for assistance.
Items borrowed through Marina may be renewed one time.
Connect to Marina